e-Learning for Healthcare (e-LfH) is the provider of a range of courses, including many of the statutory and mandatory courses used within SaTH. It’s available from any PC, so you don’t need to be on-site to use it.
How do I register?
To use e-LfH, it is recommended you use an NHS OpenAthens account. NHS OpenAthens accounts give you access to a range of online library resources including e-books, journals and databases.
Once you’ve registered for an NHS OpenAthens account, you can login to the e-LfH site by following the Sign On with OpenAthens link.
You’ll then need to provide some more information so that your account is recognised by the Corporate Education team and your learning can be recorded.
For more information on the registration process, download our guide to registering
What modules do I need to undertake?
To see the modules available to you, log-in to e-LfH first, then use the links below.
All of the Statutory and Mandatory (SMT) modules can be found here once you’ve logged in, or follow the links below for each module. These modules are the ones currently aligned to the Trust Training Framework.
- Data Security Awareness Level 1 – also known as Information Governance – For all staff – to be completed every year.
- Fire Safety – Level 1 – For non-patient handlers if a classroom sessions has been attended previously (during Induction or Statutory Safety Update) – two yearly
- Preventing Radicalisation – Basic Awareness – Level 1 – All staff (if not completed level 3) – 3 Yearly
- Infection Prevention & Control – Level 1 – For all non-patient handlers to complete every 3 years as a refresher.
- Conflict Resolution – Level 1 – For all front line staff – this module can be used as a Refresher once the Conflict Resolution Foundation classroom session has been attended.
- Equality & Diversity and Human Rights – Level 1– For all front line staff – this module can be used as a Refresher once the Equality & Diversity Foundation classroom session has been attended.
- Preventing Radicalisation – Level 3 – also known as WRAP Training – for all front line staff who have not already completed WRAP within the classroom can complete this module.
- Safeguarding Children – Level 2 – for all front line staff to complete every 3 years.
- Safeguarding Adults – Level 2 – for all front line staff to complete every 3 years.
These pages (only available onsite through the SaTH Intranet) give details of the e-learning courses that need to undertaken through e-LfH to undertake these roles:
- COVID-19 Redeployment Training – Cleanliness Technician [SaTH Intranet]
- COVID-19 Redeployment Training – Portering Assistants [SaTH Intranet]
- COVID-19 Redeployment Training – Catering [SaTH Intranet]
- COVID-19 Induction Training for New Starters [SaTH Intranet]
For any training already completed and passed you will see the symbol of a certificate with a yellow rosette. Any training not yet undertaken will show a certificate with a grey rosette.
Do I need to print a certificate and send it to someone to prove I have completed the training?
Corporate Education will receive a report listing everyone who has completed training, but you can print one if you need it for your own or departmental records. You’ll your certificates under the drop down menu called ‘My Activity’. If you click on Certificates you will be taken to a screen that asks you to Select Programme. Select Statutory and Mandatory Training (SMT) on the left and you will get a list of the modules within this programme on the right. For any training already completed and passed you will see the symbol of a certificate with a gold rosette. Any training not yet undertaken will show a certificate with a silver rosette.