We can help you make more effective use of a wide range of information resources, whether you're looking for evidence to support patient care, carry out research, or complete coursework.
Information skills training
We can offer training for groups or individuals, in the libraries or at your workplace. Please contact us to arrange training.
See our separate page for Critical Appraisal.
NHS Knowledge and Library Hub
Guides to other resources
- Accessing UpToDate | YouTube tutorial
- Accessing BMJ Best Practice
- Using OmniSearch
- Searching Medline and CINAHL via EBSCO
- Searching the TRIP Database
- Searching PubMed
- Searching the Cochrane Library
- Searching the ERIC Database
Staffordshire University referencing resources
- Staffordshire University RefZone
- RefWorks and other tools
- Harvard referencing - guides and examples. A detailed guide to referencing many sources of information.
Keele University referencing resources
- RefWorks reference management software
Lots of information on how to use RefWorks, including video tutorials
General Referencing resources
- ICMJE Sample References
- Citing Medicine
National Library of Medicine's Style Guide for authors, editors, and publishers