The UpToDate point of care tool has a range of regularly updated articles summarising the evidence around Strep A.
These are being made available to anyone that needs access, without having to login to UpToDate.
All staff at Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust have access to UpToDate, both on and off-site of via the mobile app.
Quick links to Strep A information
- Group A streptococcal tonsillopharyngitis in children and adolescents: Clinical features and diagnosis
- Treatment and prevention of streptococcal pharyngitis in adults and children
- Invasive group A streptococcal infections in children
- Patient education: Strep throat in adults (The Basics)
- Patient education: Strep throat in children (The Basics)
As with all UpToDate clinical content the topics are written by experts in their field and the content is reviewed and updated as new evidence becomes available to support clinicians in reaching a diagnosis and treating patients who present with suspected Strep A quickly and effectively.