In the Library Research Hub you’ll find details of recent publications by staff of Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust, as well as guidance on critical appraisal of research, statistics and writing for publication. Our main library website has much more information on how to locate different types of research, as well as literature searching and document supply services to support anyone undertaking research across the organisations we serve.
Many staff across Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust produce publications in the form of articles in scholarly journals and books or book chapters. This is our institutional repository where we keep a record of staff publications to help identify where research has been carried out, as an aid to sharing knowledge and best practice.
Details of recent publications involving Trust staff are available below.
If you are a member of staff and your publication is not listed, you can now submit details of your publication using our online form.
Support for research
We provide a range of services to help you, including:
- Carrying out literature searches on your behalf
- Providing support for systematic reviews, such as designing search strategies, advice on databases, and advice on storing and screening references
- The Literature Search Process: Guidance for NHS Researchers
The literature search protocols have been developed by health librarians in Thames Valley, Wessex and South NHS regions. They support healthcare researchers in carrying out effective literature searches according to an agreed set of recommendations. This will help ensure that research is not duplicated and that literature searches retrieve the best available evidence.
- This special issue of EBLIP contains numerous articles to help with the specifics of carrying out a literature search, such as critical appraisal and altmetrics.
- Provision of a range of books related to critical appraisal, statistics, and writing for publication
- Obtaining articles, books or other material from elsewhere
- Providing information skills training, including critical appraisal skills and searching healthcare databases
If you’re looking for previously published research, you could try searching a healthcare database.
Alternatively, you could use the Knowledge Navigator to help locate a wide range of different types of research, from systematic reviews and randomised controlled trials to case reports and qualitative research.