You can easily access a collection of over 16,000 e-books on the ProQuest Ebook Central platform and these can either be viewed online, or downloaded to a mobile device for access anywhere.
To view an e-book online, you'll just need a free NHS OpenAthens account to login and then you can read the whole book.
If you want to download an e-book for offline reading, you'll need to install the Adobe Digital Editions app for Android or iOS. This is a free app, but does require you to register for a free Adobe ID. You'll also need your NHS OpenAthens account to download e-books to your device.
Our guide to downloading e-books gives more details and also explains how to access chapters of e-books on dedicated e-book readers. Once you've got the app set up, you'll be able to download our e-books to your mobile device for up to 14 days for offline reading. If you need them for longer, simply download them again.
Here are some of the latest books added to the collection:
- Improving Patient Care : The Implementation of Change in Health Care
- How to Listen and How to Be Heard : Inclusive Conversations at Work
- The Resilient Healthcare Organization : How to Reduce Physician and Healthcare Worker Burnout
- Here's How to Do Accent Modification : A Manual for Speech-Language Pathologists
- Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation in Practice
- Clinical Dilemmas in Viral Liver Disease
- Cracking the Leadership Code : Three Secrets to Building Strong Leaders
- Transforming Healthcare Analytics : The Quest for Healthy Intelligence
- Regulating Medicines in a Globalized World : The Need for Increased Reliance among Regulators
- Assessment of Long-Term Health Effects of Antimalarial Drugs When Used for Prophylaxis
- Rapid Expert Consultation on Social Distancing for the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Smash the Bottleneck: Fixing Patient Flow for Better Care (and a Better Bottom Line)
- Managing Negative Symptoms of Schizophrenia
- Health Literacy and Communication Strategies in Oncology : Proceedings of a Workshop
- Promoting Positive Adolescent Health Behaviors and Outcomes : Thriving in the 21st Century
- Framing Opioid Prescribing Guidelines for Acute Pain : Developing the Evidence